Junior Accountant H/F
London, United Kingdom
Finance / Accounting / Audit
1 year or more
SMCP, leader in accessible luxury with its brands Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot and Suite 341, counts more than 1.466 points of sale in 40 countries of Europe, America, and Asia. The Group is distinguished by complete and creative ranges and through his international success story. Join SMCP to contribute at the evolution of the Parisian Group in development. An experience which gathers 5.880 collaborators.
Our French fashion retailer Group is well introduced in the UK (more than 50 points of sales).We are currently looking for a Junior Accountant to join the UK finance team. The main purpose of this role is to contribute to all financial transactions from bookkeeping to monthly management accounts preparation. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Accountant.
Main role responsibilities are:
- Process Purchase and Sales invoices – filing and coding
- Liaise with suppliers and deal with daily invoice queries
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Manage Accounts Receivables
- Run the purchase, sales, general and cash management ledgers effectively
- Assist with VAT Return completion
- Bank Reconciliation and Credit Card/Cash reconciliation
- Prepare Monthly Prepayments and Accruals reports
- Ad hoc finance projects assistance.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria
- At least 2 years work experience as an Accountant
- Educated to degree level or part qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of ORACLE Accounting System is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships with non-finance individuals
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Well organised and able to prioritise work effectively to achieve targets in a timely and efficient manner
- Dynamic, Team spirit, Self-motivated, proactive
- Experience in a Retail or Wholesale environment would be beneficial, but not essential
- Fluent in French preferable.
Starting date : ASAP