Merchandising & Allocation Internship - PAID
SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
SMCP USA Inc. (Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot) seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented intern to support our Buying and Planning Department. This is a paid internship for the Summer semester, beginning ASAP.
This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing French retail group in the affordable luxury sector.
Position Description: Assisting with day to day operations of the buying and allocation team
• Assisting with generating performance reports
· Receive and respond to internal requests from marketing, visual merchandising and other departments as needed
· Bloomindales.com assortment, orders follow up
· Provide administrative and other ad hoc support as needed
ALLOCATION / PLANNING
· Receive, review and respond for daily store requests for merchandise, deliveries info and transfers in a timely manner
· Data Entry
· Help with allocation/planning ad hoc projects
• Enthusiastic and team player with a can do attitude
• Must be resourceful, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and strong analytical capacity
• Basic understanding of retail buying principles
• Candidates should be available at least 4 days a week. Monday will be mandatory!