Regional Retail Director - East
SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
The Regional Retail Director is a key leadership position within the retail management team. The Regional Retail Director will oversee the day to day business, commerciality and sales generation and serve as a direct liaison between District Managers, Market Managers, General Managers, and the North America President / CEO.
This position will motivate and inspire the District/Market/General Managers and internal business partners to achieve sales targets, promote high standards of service to customers and run efficient, operationally sound stores within budget guidelines.
The Regional Retail Director will ensure that the team upholds the SMCP brand image while acting as the commercial brand ambassador in N. America.
- LEADERSHIP AND CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION
Drives regional sales performance to achieve and surpass overall sales budget objectives by ensuring the appropriate usage of resources and by creating a motivating climate through inspirational leadership.
Works in conjunction with the President/CEO to develop strategic partnerships with all levels of the business and maintain productive relations with Bloomingdales and Saks and other potential partners.
- REGIONAL RETAIL NETWORK PERFORMANCE
- Communicates and holds District Managers/Market Managers/General Managers/Store Managers accountable for set targets and standards of performance and behavior
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE / RETAIL EXCELLENCE
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service across all stores and team members
- RETAIL TEAM RECRUITMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels within regional retail network in line with FTE budget; accountable for recruitment and retention of District Managers / Market Managers/General Managers / Store Managers
- Fosters professional industry network and maintains current knowledge of the best talent in the market; builds a strong talent bench to quickly fill open positions
- Provides regular, consistent and effective coaching and mentoring to direct reports
- Drives the Company’s performance management processes including corrective action plans when necessary using the tools and resources provided
- Maintains individual development plans in partnership with human resources for regional retail network at all levels (District Managers, Store Managers, Market Managers, General Managers, store teams)
- Develops succession plans across regions and at all levels; champions the Group mobility policy
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Utilizes the MDC to identify profit opportunities while mitigating losses
- Reports in to North America - President/CEO
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 7 years of experience in retail management
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Experienced leader and trainer of teams
· Foreign Languages, a plus
· Highly motivated, self-starting individual & strategic thinker
· Must be hands on and enjoy working in a highly creative and entrepreneurial environment
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
· Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible
· Must have strong multi-tasking skills and be able to work well under pressure
· Demonstrate strong project management, team leadership and the ability to deliver results
· Strong analytical skills
· Flexible and able to adapt to change within an evolving group
· Must have exceptional customer service orientation
· Must have exceptional leadership and coaching skills