Sandro Full-Time Keyholder - Bleecker Street, NYC
Known for its clean lines and sophisticated aesthetic, Sandro is a leading accessible luxury Parisian brand featuring refined and versatile men's and women's collections. Evelyne Chetrite, founder and creative director since 1984, developed a new women's aesthetics: modern and sophisticated with a hint of androgyny. In line with the Sandro sensibility, Evelyne's son, Ilan, launched Sandro Homme in 2008 focusing on revisited classics with a modern twist. Today, Sandro has over 410 points of sales worldwide. Along with Maje and Claudie Pierlot, Sandro and Sandro Homme are part of the SMCP group, a leading company in the accessible luxury sector that directly operates 1.000 doors in 35 countries worldwide, directly or through partnerships. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) acquired a majority stake of Group SMCP in June 2013.
This position is responsible for providing a personalized client experience, building strong client relationships, meeting and exceeding sales targets as well as for opening and closing the store.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome and assist all clients while demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Meet individual and store sales targets
- Effectively communicate product features and benefits during the selling process
- Work as part of a team to meet brand and store objectives
2. Customer relationships
- Build and maintain a loyal client base, and retain customer loyalty by providing clients with personalized service
- Effectively capture and record client contact information in both personal client book and brand database
- Personally communicate to clients for special store activity: new product arrivals, in-store events and seasonal promotions
- Assist in visual merchandising for the store by organizing and arranging products based on global visual direction
- Implement visual merchandising directives given by the head office, assuring visual appearance is of utmost importance
- Opens and closes the store in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Supports team in the absence of management with cash handling and client service issues.
- Consistently follow up with any shipping, alteration, or other issues related to clients
- Assist in general housekeeping and the maintenance of the store image
- Support shipping and receiving and inventory control as requested (maintaining organized records of all receiving and stocking)
Ideal education, previous work experience, special skills (e.g., foreign languages), and personal characteristics. Prioritize by: fully proficient (1), knowledge of and ability to develop greater competency (2), preferred but not required (3).
- 1+ year experience in a retail setting, with a focus on sales, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Computer literate; learn and utilize various software packages.
2. Special Skills:
- Foreign Languages a plus
3. Personal Characteristics:
- Action oriented; drive for results
- Service orientation and customer focus
- Social perceptiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills