Director of Operations (Supply Chain, IT)
SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
This position is responsible for leading the Supply Chain and IT/IS functions for SMCP North America.
As an expert in retail operations, with proven experience in project and team management, the candidate will drive and execute key initiatives on process improvements in a fast growing and international environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Drive U.S. 3-PL optimization action plan and develop partnership with SMCP Group distribution center and central team
• Manage logistics vendors relations identifying savings & efficiencies
• Set up U.S. to Canada flows for ecommerce and outlets channels
• Manage 1 Logistic Manager
• Reorganize the department by outsourcing first line support & telecommunication services management to focus on back office and front office applications systems improvement
• Manage vendors relations identifying savings & efficiencies
• Develop communication with Group IT team standardizing procedures for POS openings
• Manage a team of 3 individuals
• Ensure a secure and reliable local infrastructure
• Oversee implementation of new SMCP Group Finance ERP for North America business unit, as well as others applications (Treasury, Eprocurement, Logistics, …)
• Spearhead the roll-out of new department stores partnerships (drop ship, wholesale)
• Initiate organizational changes to support the growth of the business (HR, Merchandising, etc.)
LEADERSHIP & CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION
• Lead, develop, and motivate teams
• Understand commercial vision and strategy and ensure all initiatives support retail teams
• Facilitate processes/programs as needed cross-functionally and serves as a strategic business partner across the organization as a key member of the management team
Ideal education, previous work experience, special skills (e.g., foreign languages), and personal characteristics.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field
• At least 10 years of experience in Supply Chain and/or IT functions
• Candidate must have experience in retail
• Must have projects & team management experience
• Foreign Languages, a plus
• Highly motivated leader, self-starting individual & strategic thinker
• Must be hands on and enjoy working in a highly creative and entrepreneurial environment
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible
• Must have strong multi-tasking skills and be able to work well under pressure
• Flexible and able to adapt to change within an evolving group